Innovation leads to the ongoing introduction of new and upgraded tissue products for consumers, heightening the quality and comfort for the end-user. This goes hand in hand with the awareness that increased hygiene has become a key concern, both at home and away from home.
Paper has been used for hygiene purposes for centuries, but tissue paper as we know it today was not industrially produced in the Western world until the mid-1940s.
Hygienic tissue paper is commonly used for facial tissue, handkerchiefs, napkins, toilet tissue and household and AFH towels, wipers, etc.
In this section about Hygiene a number of topics are covered, including scientific studies on Hygiene, Official Recommendations about hand washing and drying from all over the World, and please see below for a selection of the most important publications (click to see the relative page):
- Comparison of different hand drying methods the potential for airborne microbe dispersal and contamination (University of Westminster peer reviewed study 2015)
- Microbiological comparison of hand drying methods: the potential for contamination of the environment, user and bystander (University of Leeds peer reviewed study 2014)
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings: the hygienic efficacy of different hand drying methods (a review of the evidence published in 2012)
- Alcohol based disinfectant vs hand washing which fights noroviruses better (peer reviewed article 2015)
- Eurofins-Inlab study that measured the microorganisms in washrooms equipped with different hand drying systems (2012)
- How to wash your Hands – Centre for Disease Control (CDC) (USA) Hand Hygiene Basics
- How to wash your Hands – World Health Organization recommendations
- How to wash your Hands – UK Health Protection Agency and NHS advice
- Hands drying in Food Preparation Areas
- Hygiene in the world
- ETS at ISSA Interclean – Amsterdam April 2010
- Summary of official Recommendations On Hand Washing and Drying: Paper Towels, Cloth Towels and Electric Hand Dryers (part 2 – France)
- Summary of official Recommendations On Hand Washing and Drying: Paper Towels, Cloth Towels and Electric Hand Dryers (part 3 – UK)
- Summary of official Recommendations On Hand Washing and Drying: Paper Towels, Cloth Towels and Electric Hand Dryers (part 4 – Australia – Canada – USA)
- The Infection Risk Associated with Clothing and Household Linens a review by the International Science Forum on Home Hygiene (IFH)